5 Things to Check While Looking for Cattle Trailers for Sale
When looking for cattle trailers for sale, there are several key factors you should consider to ensure you make a suitable purchase. Johnsen Trailer Sales offers cattle trailers for sale in Burleigh County, ND, Cass County, ND, Minot, Grand Forks, Williston, and Fargo, ND.
Here are five things you should check:
- Size and Capacity: Determine the appropriate size and capacity of the cattle trailer you require based on the number of cattle you plan to transport. Consider the dimensions, such as length, width, and height, to ensure there is enough space for the animals to stand comfortably and safely during transit.
- Construction and Durability: Examine the construction and materials used in the trailer’s manufacturing. Look for trailers made of sturdy materials like steel or aluminum, as they offer durability and resistance to corrosion. Pay attention to the welding quality, reinforcements, and overall strength of the trailer to ensure it can withstand the demands of transporting cattle.
- Safety Features: Check for essential safety features to protect both the cattle and the people involved in transportation. Features such as escape doors, non-slip flooring, secure latches, and proper ventilation are crucial for ensuring the well-being of the animals during transit. Additionally, inspect the trailer’s suspension, brakes, and lights to ensure they are in good working condition.
- Trailer Design and Configuration: Consider the trailer’s design and configuration to ensure it suits your specific needs. Some trailers have a gooseneck or bumper pull design, and each has its advantages and considerations. Look for features like dividers or compartments that allow you to separate individual animals or groups and ensure proper weight distribution.
- Price and Condition: Evaluate the price of the cattle trailer in relation to its condition, age, and features. Research the market value of similar trailers to ensure you are getting a fair deal. If purchasing a used trailer, carefully inspect its overall condition, including the frame, tires, flooring, and any moving parts. Don’t hesitate to ask for maintenance records or previous inspection reports.
Remember to thoroughly research and compare different options, read customer reviews, and consult with reputable sellers or experts to make an informed decision when buying a cattle trailer. Please call or email us without any hesitation.